Nationally Recognised Qualification
HLTINF002 – Process reusable medical devices and equipment is delivered by Health Courses Australia with RTO Code 32412
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to clean, sterilise and package reusable medical devices and equipment.
This unit applies to workers in office based health practice settings such as general practitioner (GP) surgeries, dental practices and other environments where a limited range of sterilisation equipment may be available. They follow established procedures and work under general supervision.
• Follow safe work practices and infection prevention and control in accordance with legislative and workplace guidelines
• Select cleaning processes based on manufacturer’s recommendations and evaluation of reusable medical devices construction and composition
• Load steriliser to ensure sterilant contact and according to standards
• Report and document all steriliser faults, malfunction and load non-conformance
The Student must show evidence of the ability to complete tasks outlined in elements and performance criteria of this unit manage tasks and manage contingencies in the context of the job role.
How to apply to enrol:
- Enrol online by clicking the enrol now button
- Click on Enquire now and send an enquiry and request for an enrolment form to fill and send
- Call us on 07 5689 1500 to enrol on the phone.
Un-sure? Have questions? Speak to our friendly course counsellor! call us on 07 5689 1500 or email us with the Enquire now Link. We are here to help!