Nationally Recognised Qualification
CHC43015 Certificate IV in Ageing Support is delivered by Health Courses Australia with RTO Code 32412
If you have a passion for working with our precious older population or are interested in pursuing a career in this well needed field on a supervisory level this course is for you. The course can be done completely online from anywhere in Australia. The program is composed of 15 core and 3 elective units. The elective units offered by Health Courses Australia only are listed. These electives have been selected to provide maximum employment opportunities.
This course involves practical as well as theoretical components. Some training and assessments will be conducted in a workplace training setting. It is highly recommended that students be immunized against Hepatitis B. Inoculations should begin prior to the commencement of study.
This is a Nationally Recognised Qualification recognised by the Australian Government so it is recognised anywhere in Australia and by all government bodies.
15 core units and 3 elective units must be completed successfully for the award of the Certificate.
|Code Module Name|
This qualification addresses work primarily in residential facilities within defined organisation guidelines and service plans.
- Carry out activities related to maintaining an individual’s well being through personal care and/or other activities of living
- May provide services to individuals with complex needs, and/or work with groups of older people
- Report to service managers and liaise with professionals and other service providers
- May be required to supervise an/or coordinate a limited number of other workers
To get a detailed brochure outlining everything email us at email@example.com
Pathways and Credits:
This course has the scope to receive some credits towards the Bachelor of Health Sciences, if interested in this please contact us before enrolment so we can advise accordingly.
Successful completion of the course will enable you to work as:
- Assistant hostel supervisor
- Care supervisor
- Care team leader
- Day activity worker
- Hostel supervisor
- Personal care worker
- Program coordinator – social programs
- Support worker
- Aged Care Facility Manager
There are many other possibilities with this versatile course. Many of our students who do this course are either working in the aged care industry and want to do a qualification to get a better role in this must sought after and rewarding industry.
Pathways to further study:
Upon successful completion of this course, you may progress to undertake further study in a Diploma of Nursing (endorsed enrolled nurse)
1235 hours of Study
- To gain entry in CHC43015 Certificate IV in Ageing Support a candidate must be recognised as competent, through a recognised training program or recognition process, against the following core units from CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing) (or equivalent):
CHCCCS015 Provide individualised support CHCCCS023 Support independence and well being CHCCOM005 Communicate and work in health or community services CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people CHCLEG001 Work legally and ethically HLTAAP001 Recognise healthy body systems HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care CHCAGE001 Facilitate the empowerment of older people CHCAGE005 Provide support to people living with dementia CHCCCS011 Meet personal support needs
Also, the ability to read, comprehend, discuss and analyse printed information in English and to write statements, solve basic problems and work effectively with clients, colleagues and supervisors are essential skills required to fulfil the work role.
Workers at this level are also required to have an understanding of Indigenous culture and history and to work with local communities in the provision of services.
It is also a requirement that students should either be working in a facility or have access to a facility to be able to complete their work place components,
How to apply to enrol:
- Enrol online by clicking the enrol now button
- Click on Enquire now and send an enquiry and request for an enrolment form to fill and send
- Call us on 07 5689 1500 to enrol on the phone.
- Monthly and Weekly payment plans available. Study from $50 a week.
- To Enrol in the Weekly Payment Plan Online Please Click Here
Un-sure? Have questions? Speak to our friendly course counsellor! call us on 07 5689 1500 or email us with the Enquire now Link. We are here to help!
To enrol via direct debit for the Weekly plan CLICK HERE – Please ensure that you mention the course name in the reference field.
To enrol via direct debit for the Monthly plan CLICK HERE – Please ensure that you mention the course name in the reference field.